Plant Operations Committee
Committees: Plant Operations
Committee Chair:Lee Melcher
Greeley & Hansen
100 South Wacker Drive, Suite 1400
Chicago, IL 60606
(312) 448-1139 Cell
Streator Wasteater Facility
1601 Sharon Road
Streator, IL 61364
- Don Bixby – Chamlin & Associates
- Mike Carney – Flow-Technics, Inc.
- Lynn Kohlhaas - Metropolitan Water Reclamation District
- Rick Lallish – SIU Edwardsville
- Sandra Matual – Metropolitan Water Reclamation District
- Greg Pyles – Sanitary District of Decatur
- Craig Soling – CE Soling & Associates
The plant operations committee organizes activities that enhance wastewater operators' skills and knowledge. Our committee provides special "operator" activities for the annual conference, including an operations challenge. We plan representative plant tours open to all industry professionals. We organize specialty seminars on plant operations. We also help source 'Plant Profile' articles for inclusion in The Clarifier.
Ask an Operator:
Do you have Questions? Questions that need answers? We can help!
Do you have an interesting story to tell and no one will listen? We can help!
Do you have the latest on an emerging technology or process and need a voice? We can help!
Ask an Operator is a service designed to share information among industry professionals. We can help answer a question, locate resources or share information.
- Operations Challenge: Each year, the committee coordinates an Operations Challenge designed to be fun and educational for all. The Operations Challenge is held at the IWEA annual conference.
- Plant Tour: Each year, the committee provides an in depth look at the processes and equipment of a Water Reclamation Facility.
- More information about the tour will be available in early autumn.
- Plant Operations Workshop: Each year, the committee coordinates a seminar focusing on topics related to plant operations.
- More information about the workshop will be available in early autumn.
Call for Members:
The Plant Operations Committee is seeking volunteers to join the committee. Those interested should contact the Committee Chair listed above.